Sunday, September 25, 2005

I'm back

Well, moving is really a pain. I never remembered how hard it is (guess it's my selective memory).
Anyway, I'm back working, with a much more adequate working space, which is really nice.

I know I've promised a well-performing pseudo-Activator (a.k.a. DynamicClassFactory), but I haven't finished polishing it for publishing yet.
Since I currently have to get some work done, this post will have to be delayed a bit.

I need to use a well performing replacement for the ListView control. It will be used in a sort of online logging mechanism, so I need it to be able to cope with a very large number of items (and items are being added very often). Actually, it should have a cyclic buffer - very old items are really irrelevant, so there is no need to keep them in memory.
I'm looking for something that could give this functionality. The best would be if the buffer size was configurable, but could perform well even with a very large buffer.
I have a few ideas how to implement it such that it would provide optimal performance, but I'm trying to avoid it. I'll Google for it a bit and see what I come up with. I'll send a follow-up post on this with the results.

No comments: