I've updated my API for Google image search article. It now compiles with VS2005 and loads the regular expressions from an external text file, instead of hard-coded.
How often does Google change its HTML causing your Regex to be broken? If so, do you update your API regularly to reflect their latest changes? Thanks.
Since it's all kind of a hack, nothing is certain. Anyway, since I first wrote this API (I think about 1.5 year or so) there were around 3 changes in the HTML format I know of. The last one was about a year ago, so it doesn't seem to be changing very often.I don't use the API on a regular basis - I may be using it very heavily for some time and then not at all for several months. So I'm mostly relying on people sending me update that the regex is broken.I'm trying to update the article whenever I know of a change. I'm sorry but I don't have a mailing list. However, any time I change the article I write a short post on my blog, so it's easy to keep udpated :-)
The way you rewrote the application, it's just a matter of changing the text file containing the regex, which is nice. If I notice that the HTML has changed before you update your application, I will rewrite the regex and send you a copy.
Post a Comment
Subscribe in a reader