It IS possible to integrate Matlab with Team Foundation Server. Here are the steps you must take (I'm assuming Matlab and TFS Explorer are already installed on your machine):
- Install the Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider.
- In the registry, search for the providers under:
- Copy the existing registry entry for "Microsoft Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider" and give the new copy a shorter name, e.g., "MS Team Foundation Server".
- In Matlab preferences (File => Preferences), select the "Source Control" subsection under "General"
- Choose "MS Team Foundation Server" and click Apply.
That's it. From there on you can use TFS much like you would have used VSS. I suppose most new TFS features are not available, but at least you can do simple checkin/checkout, view history, compare files, etc.
Reference (requires a Mathworks login): http://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/details.html?rp=347563