Monday, November 12, 2007

Could the World become a Better Place?

Shai Agassi is a person who doesn't have to prove himself - he's done it 400,000,000 ($) times and much more. I had the chance of working for him at TopTier, though at the time he was mostly in the US and I don't think he'll remember me.

He's now investing all his power in the Project Better Place, with the goal of transforming our fuel-based cars into electric-cars, by providing the necessary infrastructure and business plan.

Will he succeed? I sincerely hope so. I am also willing to be one of his first customers for a pilot plan in Israel. If anyone is to succeed in such a project - it's him.

Some say his real goal is to own the software that will handle the whole system. Well, I think that if he succeeds in this project, it makes complete sense and there's no harm about it. If making this world a Better Place means Agassi will own the most important software in history - so be it!

In any case, I admire him for being ready to risk his most valuable asset - his reputation - for this huge and very risky project.

If you want to keep track of what's going on, I suggest you read his blog.

Good luck Shai!

No comments: